Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Did You Know?!?!? Cockroaches, Now in Your Beauty Products...

THIS JUST IN...

EEEEK!!!!! Just a day before Halloween and I find out that .... There is BEAUTY in BUGS!!!!!!!

So this morning I received my daily my daily email and beauty alerts. Checked my blog stats and skimmed through the Beauty Updates section and 'Wattayahknow' - New York Magazine reports that ROACHES are used for many beauty products - GT_OH!!  You fill in the blank!


Based on the article, it looks like ROACH FARMS are the "IN" thing  in Asia these days.  Can you imagine a ROACH FARM and all of those roaches just crawling around?  Ewww!  However, its been reported to be VERY profitable as long as you are breeding and raising a specific kind of roach - the American Cockroach - Go Figure! 

The reason roaches are used in beauty products such as masks, facial creams among a variety of other products; it's the protein and it's used as a filler for most beauty companies. 


I guess the roach protein gives a youthful glow???  I'm still trying to wrap my head around this you know.. 
                                    

Ironically, a roach farmer stated that she found much beauty in these creepy crawlers.. as they ran out of her closet she said "they're so shiny and beautiful! If it were me I wouldn't be studying their radiance; I'd be mashing them with a shoe out of my closet - just being honest! 

Speaking of their shininess - I guess that's why they're an special ingredient in such beauty products.. 

Click on the link below for the original story via NYMAG.com/thecut

No comments: