Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

SURVEY STATS: Thinking About Transitioning?


First, I'd like to thank all of my readers who participated and took the survey.  The stats are in and the results show how most of you feel about going natural.  You've shared your concerns and needs - so I am excited to help you research this and make a decision.

Without further adieu, check out what the survey tells us:

Out of 100% African American women (the only women who took the survey o_0), between the ages of 18-34 are considering going natural. 50% were born with wavy/curly hair, 50% do not want to use any more chemical treatments. 50% are hesitant to go natural because they are not sure if the look will fit them; 33.3% are hooked on hair extensions; and 16.7% are concerned with how their companion will react to the change.

Here is a screenshot of results on 'Why do you want to go Natural?' survey question:



After reading the results, my take is this -  if you already have wavy/curly hair; why not go natural?!?!? Your hair probably looks gorgeous and will grow much quicker without the chemicals and/or hair extensions.  If you decide to do it, start off with a slow approach to see how you can manage your hair in its natural state. For example, instead of going for a wash n set weekly skip a week and try a natural style on your off-week or instead of getting a relaxer touch-up every month; stretch it out and go every other month. Same thing for those of you that aren't sure if the natural look will fit you. Try out some styles first - in the privacy of your home if you aren't comfortable with going out with your hair in its experimental state. For example, if you wash your own hair, while your hair is towel dried, use some light moisturizer and plat your hair in twists or braids and let it air dry or sit under a hair dryer. When ready unravel your plats and see how you look.. of course.. get dressed and made up to see if you can really rock the natural look on a daily basis!  I am sure you can .. you are just used to playing it safe! TRY IT OUT .. Take the first step... I've even provided a link to Carol's Daughters video tutorial on How-To..


Ladies Ladies Ladies.... I will say this after a 9 month pregnancy; taking vitamins and drinking a whole lotta water - after having my son,  I took my weave out and my hair was so long and pretty - with no relaxer.  I decided after returning to work to relax it; thinking it was easier to maintain and my hair broke right off, fell out, shedded .. whatever you want to call it. Since then I vowed no more relaxers!  I am also contemplating on going natural; so please note that this blog-series on Natural Hair is apart of my research before I fully commit to it.

Now for you ladies, hesitant because of you are not sure how your companion will react to your new look.. maybe you should let them know that you are considering the transition and let them tell you .. if they aren't open to you it -- maybe you need to reconsider your companion.. that's all I will say about that one.

Lastly, you all requested information on styles, trends, products and 'how-to's' - I promise provide you with the educational information you need in order to make your decision!  After all, look how beautiful the women are in the pics that I am posting.. is that not motivation or what!?!?!?

Stay tuned.. more info to come!

-CocoaCosGirl

No comments: